TIME stand for Technology Initiative in Manufacturing and Engineering. It is a joint venture between EMCC Workforce Services and EMCC district high schools. Each year Workforce Service partners with an EMCC district high school(s) to expose students to the job opportunities in advanced manufacturing.
The overall goal of TIME is to develop a model that unites all educational/training entities and industries to train qualified technicians for the high-tech fields which are driving the economy.
TIME Student Participants
- Participate in after-school training to earn state
and national workplace credentials
- ACT Career Readiness Certificate
- Basic Manufacturing Skills Certification
- 10-hour OSHA Certification
- CPR/First Aid
- Earn three hours of college credit related to
- Visit and tour area industries to see firsthand the
opportunities and skills set needed for future
To participate in the TIME Program, participants must submit an application along with two letters of recommendation and earn a Career Readiness Certificate at the silver level or higher.
Education & Skills Training + Workplace Credentials = Job Opportunities
TIME Summer Professional Development for Teachers and Counselors
EMCC Workforce Services provides teachers with a summer training opportunity to participate in an abbreviated version of our Basic Manufacturing Skills Certification, and to visit area industries to experience the application of manufacturing concepts and technical skills such as Lean Manufacturing, Computer Numeric Controls, HVAC, Mechanical Systems, and Welding.
- Earn an ACT Career Readiness Certificate
- Develop lesson plans that address the basic skills and technical skills needed to prepare students to be in today’s workplace
- Incorporate training/industry experiences into the classroom
- Provide professional development in their home school district and mentor other teachers in their school
- Receive continuing educational units.
The TIME Professional Development component is open to any teacher or counselor in the EMCC District. Interested teachers and counselors must complete an application, submit a letter of support from the school principal, and take the ACT WorkKeys.
TIME Industry Partners
Aurora Flight Sciences • Weavexx • Southwire • Weyerhaeuser • Stark Aerospace • American Eurocopter • Severstal • Paccar • Mississippi Power Company
For additional information, contact: