Taking the COMPASS test
The COMPASS test is an entrance/placement exam administered to prospective students by EMCC's Counseling Center. The COMPASS test evaluates students' abilities in reading, writing and math. Results are used to place students in academic or career-technical programs to maximize success.
Students over 21 can take either the ACT or the COMPASS test to satisfy the entrance exam requirement. Students under 21 who have already taken the ACT, but are not satisfied with their scores, can take the COMPASS test instead of re-taking the ACT.
And, if you want to prepare by trying some sample questions, visit this link: COMPASS practice
Pre-registration is required:
- At the Golden Triangle campus, call (662) 243-1903.
- At the Scooba campus, call (662) 476-5085.
There is a $20 fee. To make payment arrangements, contact the EMCC Business Office:
- At the Golden Triangle campus, call (662) 243-1906.
- At the Scooba campus, call (662) 476-5114.
- If you don't see start times and locations in the schedule below, refresh your screen.
|COMPASS test||1/6/2015 9:00 AM||Scooba, Hawkins Bldg. Room 10|
|COMPASS test||2/27/2015 9:00 AM||Scooba, Hawkins Bldg. Room 10|
|COMPASS test||3/27/2015 9:00 AM||Scooba, Hawkins Bldg. Room 10|
|COMPASS test||4/24/2015 9:00 AM||Scooba campus, Hawkins Bldg. Room 10|