Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit Program
Dual enrollment/Dual Credit is a program at East Mississippi Community College that allows eligible high school students currently attending public and private high schools, or students who are home-schooled, to simultaneously enroll in a college course. Dual-enrolled students can take classes through either the Academic Division or the Career-Technical Division.
For more information, contact:
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I qualify for the EMCC Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit Program?
- Complete 14 core high school units or score a minimum composite ACT score of 30 or above or the equivalent SAT score.
- Have a 2.5 or better grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Have a recommendation from your principal/counselor to participate.
What are the steps for admission?
- Visit this link to apply for admission to EMCC online, Apply Now!
- Next, set up your login and password information.
- Complete application for admission. Select DC.HS, instead of selecting a major not nursing, athletics, liberal arts, etc. For your signature at the end of the application, key in your initials and your date of birth.
How do I register?
- See your high school counselor about needed documents, which include: high school transcript, including ACT score; and a letter of recommendation from your principal/counselor. Your counselor will help you register.
- Home-schooled students should bring a notarized transcript and letter of recommendation. Letters of recommendation can be from your parent or previous principal/counselor.
What is the cost?
- $104 for a 3 credit hour class. For additional 3 hour classes, $39/per course/per semester.
- $107 for a 4 credit hour class. For additional 4 hour classes, $42/per course/per semester.
- Additional fees may apply to lab-based classes.
- Tuition may be subject to change in subsequent academic years.
Who purchases my textbooks?
- Textbook costs/purchases are the responsibility of the student.
- Some high schools help with this cost. See your counselor to ask about this possibility.
- Some classes may include eBooks that will be charged to your account. If you choose to buy your books at the EMCC bookstore, your first stop will be the Business Office.
How do I pay for my classes?
- Contact the EMCC Business Office at (662) 243-1906 to pay over the telephone.
- Pay in person at one of our campuses.
- Pay through your Leo student account.
Will my Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit classes transfer to another institution?
- Credit earned through Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit is recorded on your college transcript and may be released to another institution or used for college graduation requirements only after students have received high school diplomas. You will need to check with the institution you plan to enter after high school graduation to see if your Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit classes will transfer.
How do I log in to my online classes?
- You can log in to Canvas directly through the LEO page. Once you log in, just look for the Canvas link on the right side of the page.
- For instructions on how to access LEO, please go to Information Technology/Student Support.
- If you have problems with your online class, call one of these numbers:
EMCC Help Desk, (662) 476-5444
Canvas Technical Assistance, (855) 305-2755
- Once registered, all students taking online classes should be able to view their Student Profiles at this link, Mississippi Virtual Community College. This will provide course, instructor, and textbook information for online classes. Visit EMCC eLearning for more information.