In order to be considered for admission to this class you must have the following information on file in the Admission Counselor’s Office:
1. A completed EMCC application
2. A copy of your valid driver’s license showing you to be 18 years of age (or older) by the beginning date of the course
3. All official College transcripts
4. An official high school transcript showing date of graduation or official passing GED scores
5. This program requires a score of 77 on the COMPASS test for program requirements or an ACT composite of 16 is needed. Please see the program advisor or a counselor for additional information regarding testing times, locations and minimum scores.
6. A current copy of your national Registry EMT-Basic certification and your State EMT certification
7. A copy of your current and valid CPR (Health Care Provider Level) Certification Card
8. Physical examination by physician of choice. The physical must be dated within six months prior
to the beginning of the EMT course. The student must take the Hepatitis B vaccination, (HEP-1, HEP-2, HEP-3), and the 2-Step Tuberculin Skin Test. Students must provide proof vaccinations have been taken.
9. Drug screen within 10 working days prior to beginning of class with negative results
10. Must have completed Anatomy and Physiology I within the last 5 years with a grade of C or better prior to entry into the Paramedic program.
Alternate entrance requirements are available for currently licensed paramedics. Please see the program director or counselor for further information.