East Mississippi Community College maintains a campus police department made up of fully-sworn law enforcement officers. They are responsible for law enforcement, security and emergency response at EMCC. The police office is located in the two story building next to the President’s House on the Scooba Campus and at the main campus entrance on the Golden Triangle Campus.
Potential criminal actions and other emergencies on campus can be reported directly by any student, faculty, or staff member.
- Golden Triangle campus, (662) 243-1990 or (662) 418-9487
- Scooba campus, (662) 476-5115 or (662) 386-8011
The law enforcement officers of the Campus Police Department receive their police authority via the provisions of 37-29-275 of the State Statute of Mississippi Code.
The primary duty of the Campus Police of East Mississippi Community College is to protect the students, staff, visitors and their property. At the same time, officers must monitor the student body and ensure compliance with the rules and regulations set forth by East Mississippi Community College.
The Campus Police Department maintains a close working relationship with the Kemper County Sheriff’s Office, local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and all appropriate elements of the Criminal Justice System. The Campus Police Department provides twenty-four (24) hours a day patrol to the Scooba Campus and Golden Triangle Campus and security in the residence halls. Campus Police officers are responsible for a full range of public safety services, including all crime reports, investigations, medical emergencies, fire emergencies, traffic accidents, enforcement of federal and state laws, rules and regulations of the College and all other incidents requiring security assistance.
Numerous efforts are made to inform members of the campus community on a timely basis about campus crime and crime related problems. These efforts include the following:
- Annual Report: A comprehensive annual report of crime related information is compiled and available to any member of the campus community upon request.
- Special Alerts: If circumstances warrant it, special printed crime alerts are prepared and distributed either selectively or throughout the campus.
- A copy of the Crime Awareness and Campus Security Report is available upon request from the Campus Police Department.
EMCC has an Emergency Action Plan that outlines what to do in case of accidents, injuries, severe weather or tornadoes, fire, evacuations, facility problems or threats from intruders on any of our campuses. Click the link below to review the plan.