Three summer semesters are set to begin May 29 at East Mississippi Community College, the Summer Full-term Semester, the Online/eLearning Summer Semester and the Summer 1st Intensive Semester. And the regular Fall Full-Term Semester is on the horizon.
- Summer Full-Term classes are taught on-site at EMCC locations. The deadline to register is May 24. EMCC will be closed May 25-28 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. Regular classes begin May 29 and continue through Aug. 1. Final exams will be given Aug. 2.
- Students who want to take EMCC classes online through Mississippi Virtual Community College can take advantage of the Online/eLearning Summer Semester. The deadline to register is May 29, the same day classes begin. Final exams will be given the week of July 16-20.
- EMCC offers two on-site Summer Intensive Semesters, one beginning May 29 and the other on July 2. Each intensive semester lasts about a month, giving students a chance to earn college credits in an accelerated classroom environment. For instance, during the intensive semesters, three-credit classes meet four times a week, Monday through Thursday; each class period lasts two hours, 15 minutes.
- The deadline to register for the Summer 1st Intensive Semester is May 24. EMCC will be closed May 25-28 in observance of the Memorial Day holiday. Regular classes begin May 29 and continue through June 27. Final exams will be given on June 28.
- The deadline to register for the Summer 2nd Intensive Semester is June 29. Classes begin July 2 and continue through Aug. 1. Final exams will be given Aug. 2.
- The Fall Full-Term Semester begins Aug. 20. Final registration is Aug. 16-17, but you don't want to leave it until the last minute. Get the paperwork done early and avoid the crowds later on.
- For questions about any of these options, call the Admissions and Registration Office. At the Golden Triangle campus, the number is (662) 243-1920. At the Scooba campus, the number is (662) 476-5040.
- For questions about the Online/eLearning Summer Semester, call Chris Square at (662) 476-5347.