Release date: Feb. 24, 2014
Registration is going on now for the Second Intensive Spring Semester (or "mini-term") at East Mississippi Community College. What is a mini-term? If you’ve got the discipline and the desire, it’s a way of taking college credit classes over a shorter period of time, mid-March through late April or early May. Even better, financial aid and scholarships are available.
“Intensive ‘mini-terms’ are a great opportunity for our current students, or students from the local universities, to pick up a class and not fall behind,” said EMCC Recruiting Coordinator Michael Black.
“It's a chance to get a class out of the way more quickly. And remember, our classes transfer anywhere."
Here’s a look at the options:
Mini-term traditional classes:
- The schedule for traditional, onsite classes is affected by Spring Break, which is March 10-14.
- The first day of classes is Thursday, March 6.
- You can register anytime before classes begin.
But if that's not possible, the late registration deadline is March 17, which is the first Monday after Spring Break.
- The last day of regular classes is Monday, May 5.
- Final exams are May 6-7.
- List of available classes, Golden Triangle campus
- List of available classes, Scooba campus
Mini-term online classes:
- Online/eLearning classes begin during Spring Break, on Monday, March 10.
- Final registration is the preceding Thursday and Friday, March 6-7.
- The last day of classes is Friday, April 25.
- Proctored final exams are April 28-30.
- List of available online classes
If you have questions,
or need more information,