Accreditation & Affiliation
East Mississippi Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and the associate degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of EMCC. The Commission is only to be contacted if there is evidence that appears to support an institution's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard. All normal inquiries about the institution, such as admission requirements, financial aid, educational programs, and other college-related information should be addressed directly to the College and NOT to the office of the Commission on Colleges.
Additional specialized program accreditations, certifications and licensures include:
- Associate Degree Nursing: Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning; 3825 Ridgewood Road; Jackson, MS 39211; and National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission; 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850; Atlanta, GA 30326.
- Automotive Services Technology: National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation;101 Blue Seal Drive, Suite 101; Leesburg, VA 20175; (703) 669-6650; email@example.com
- Computer Networking Technology: Cisco Systems Inc.; 170 West Tasman Drive; San Jose, CA 95134
- Cosmetology: Mississippi State Board of Cosmetology; 2 Old River Road, Suite B; Jackson, MS 39202, (601) 354-5315
- EMT-Paramedic: Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP); 1361 Park Street; Clearwater, FL 33756, (727) 210-2350; www.caahep.org
- Funeral Services Technology: American Board of Funeral Service Education; 3414 Ashland Avenue, Suite G; St. Joseph, MO 64506; Telephone (816) 233-3747, www.abfse.org
- Practical Nursing: Mississippi Community College Board; 3825 Ridgewood Road; Jackson, MS 39211
- Welding and Fabrication Technology: American Welding Society; 550 N.W. LeJeune Road; Miami, FL 33126; (800) 443-9353
East Mississippi Community College is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges, The Mississippi Association of Colleges, and The Mississippi Association of Community and Junior Colleges.