Golden Triangle campus
8731 S. Frontage Road
Mayhew, Miss. 39753
- Largest campus: EMCC’s Golden Triangle campus was established in 1968 and has been growing ever since. With the announcement of a district-wide tuition guarantee program in 2009, enrollment soared almost 20 percent throughout EMCC’s six-county district. The Golden Triangle campus currently serves about 4,000 commuter students.
- Accreditation: EMCC is fully accredited by the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges. This means your academic classes will transfer to any senior college of your choice with whom EMCC maintains an articulation agreement. EMCC is articulated with all senior colleges in the state of Mississippi.
- Classes: The Golden Triangle campus offers a full range of academic classes that can prepare students for transfer to a four-year college or university. It also serves students interested in career-technical programs ending in certificates or two-year associate’s degrees. Career-technical programs are available at the Golden Triangle campus: Industrial Maintenance, Cosmetology, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Automotive Services, Supervision and Management, Computer Networking, Banking, Electronics, Drafting and Design, EMT-Paramedic, Automation and Control, Practical Nursing, Associate Degree Nursing, Welding and Fabrication, Business and Marketing Management, Electrical Technology and Precision Manufacturing/Machining. The average class size at EMCC is about 20 students.
- Center for Manufacturing Technology Excellence: The first of its kind in the state, the CMTE is an advanced technology training center utilized by business and industry in the EMCC district to conduct worker training. With the increasing need for specialized training, EMCC plans to expand services and facilities.
- Nursing: In 2009, the State College Board gave final approval for an Associate Degree Nursing degree at the Golden Triangle campus. EMCC’s first ADN students started classes in January 2010 and graduated in December 2011. The ADN program joins other career-technical offerings at the Golden Triangle campus – Practical Nursing, EMT-Paramedic and certificate programs offered through EMCC's Workforce Services Division.
- Dual Enrollment: EMCC launched a district-wide pilot program in the 2011-12 school year to introduce tuition-free online dual enrollment classes. Dual enrollment allows qualified students to earn college credit before they graduate from high school. The pilot resulted in a 126 percent increase in enrollment.