General Educational Development (GED)
East Mississippi Community College offers GED testing at several locations throughout its six-county district. Testing is administered over two half-day sessions during the week or full-day sessions on select Saturdays.
- GED test dates
- As of Jan. 1, 2014, changes to the way the GED test is administered took effect.
Click here for more information.
Candidates for testing must be:
- Residents of Mississippi
- At least 18 years old
- Not enrolled in public secondary school (proof of withdrawal may be required).
Pre-registration is required before testing. Call (662) 243-1985 to schedule a registration session.
Candidates must bring to the required two-hour registration session:
- Completed, notarized GED application (first-time test takers only)
- Current, government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.)
- Social Security number and permanent mailing address
- Non-refundable testing fee:
$75 if testing for the first time, money order only
$15 per part if retesting, money order only
Contact an EMCC GED examiner for information on testing of 16- and 17-year-olds and for requesting testing with special accommodations:
NOTE: This website is not affiliated with, or endorsed by, the American Council on Education or GED Testing Service,
which owns or administer the GED trademark.